To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Tuesday 13 July 2021

POSTCARD N.9 - Spain

Postcrossing postcard included in Cover N.  20
Potscard image: Iberia DC-9; Barcelona - The Monumental Plaza de Toros (bullring ) and the Monumental fountain with the Montjuic palace in the background
__________________________________________________________________________________

Carina and Maria sent me this vintage postcard of a city I (like millions of others) love: Barcelona. They kindly sent me the card inside an envelope, so i could also add another cover to my collection.Thanks a lot, girls.

First thing I thought of, when I looked at the card was that I once flew to Barcelona (el Prat de Lobregat airport) not in a DC-9, but in its younger cousin, the MD-82 of... was it Spanair? Can't remeber anymore.

Carina and Maria tell me that in Catalonia Bullfights are now forbidden, so the bullring (which I also only knew from the oustide, not being a bullfight lover myself) today must have other uses, music concerts being an obvious possibility, I presume...

Montjuic castle ... it's been ages since I visited it with my then little daughters... oh,  nostalgia kicking in.... 😀



No comments:

Post a Comment