To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Wednesday 8 September 2021

POSTCARD N.29-  Austria

Postcrossing postcard posted inside cover #35, on the 30th August; received on the 4th September (from 23AUG till 4SEP I was away, so the date of reception could be any day within that interval)
Postcard image: several views of Vienna and Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss"

________________________________________________________________________________

I loved Vienna and I'm glad to say I visited or saw almost all of the sights included in the nice postcard Chris sent me, and for which I truly thank her.


Seeing the Kiss in real life was also one of the highlights of my visit, but  of all the Gustav Klimt's works I've seen, the Beethoven Frieze in the Secession Building is really something out of this world (well, if on a scale of 1-10, the kiss is nothing short of a full 10, the Frieze is an 11 (or a 12 :-)).

Schloss Schönbrunn and the historic centre of Vienna are UNESCO World Heritage Sites, so I can add the tag WHS to this postcard too.


No comments:

Post a Comment