To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Wednesday 24 November 2021

COVER N.55 - Canada

Postmark: Santa Claus North Pole - Canada
Posted on (?); received on the 24th November
__________________________________________________________________________________

He exists, after all... and I have a letter from him to prove it - well, from one of his elves, because I'm sure he can only answer the mail of big shots, like Presidents, Kings and so on, for protocol reasons, which are more than understandable.  It even has some handwriting from an elf.. Outstanding!

Sure the stamp is printed, and so is the postmark, but I'll keep it on my collection just the same. After all, someone was kind enough to read my letter to Santa and add some handwritten words to his standard reply.

As I said before, I'm not that fond of Christmas, but I just can't escape it and I confess I felt rather pleased to open my letter box and see this nice colourful envelope inside. 

Thank you so much Santa, you've made my day, and I hope all around the world your letters may kindle hope and longing, not for the thousandth Barbie or Action man but for that little three letter latin world that everybody understands but that sadly and strangely is so difficult to impart: Pax!






2 comments:

  1. O amigo Pedro está a receber peças filatélicas muito interessantes. Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro Mário
      Muito obrigado pelo seu comentário. É um enorme prazer saber que visita aqui o meu álbum virtual, e mais ainda saber que me dá a honra de o seguir.

      Um abraço reconhecido pelo apoio.

      Saúde
      Pedro

      Delete