To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Wednesday 10 November 2021

Is Santa Claus coming to my letterbox?

Do I believe in Santa? No, I don’t. I’m not even a true Xmas fan, I have to confess: being an agnostic, Xmas is much more of a cultural mark impinged on me, than something I feel as part of an inner spiritual cycle.

But then there’s tradition, and you just can’t escape it, having been born in a mostly catholic  country where people consider Xmas as The festivity of the year and fueled by ever aggressive marketing strip down shops of all they have on offer to ensure granddad gets his millionth pair of bedroom slippers, younger daughter her Barbie #125 and mom the cookbook she never asked for.

I remember once, when my daughters were of the right age to believe in Santa, I had them send a letter to Santa in the North Pole, and they did get an answer.

The received cover is long gone, but I could do with another for my collection, and since I read that Canada post would kindly send Letters on behalf of the man with the key to every toystore in the world, I decided to ask for one too…. Let’s see how this goes… 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment