To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Monday 13 February 2023

COVER N. 209 - SPAIN

Postmark: 13-Suc.1 Ciudad Real - 02.02.2023

Posted on the 2nd February; Received on the 8th February 2023
_________________________________________________________________________________

About time I send something to myself...

Quijote, the monumental hero created by the monumental writer Cervantes....and a part of Spain that I had never visited before although quite close to the Capital... my first day of travel on a 4 day weekend that would take me trough several places linked with both the creation and its creator would see me getting to the post office at Ciudad Real, just about 15 minutes before closing time. 

"could I have some nice stamps, for  a couple of letters to send to fellow collectors, please?" 

"Sorry, not here, only in the central post office. Here we  only have these sets of 5 self-adhesive stamps, nothing else"

Since these would be better than nothing and I didn't have the time to go to the central post office before closing time, I bought the self-adhesive strip and asked the friendly clerk to hand stamp a couple of letters, but it really annoys me that buying stamps at a post office is becoming such a difficult task, both in Spain and here in Portugal....

Should Quijote be alive today and he'd be fighting the Post office, not the wind mills,...



X Solidaria is an initiative that aims at collecting funds to be distributed and invested in social projects by NGOs, simply by ticking a box in the yearly income tax declaration, thus earmarking a percentage of the collected tax for this purpose.

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the initiative, Correos de España issued this self-adhesive Tariff B (up to 20 g anywhere in Europe)   on 10May2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment