To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Tuesday 26 September 2023

 COVER N. 296 - KYRGYSTAN

Postmark: ? 12.07.23

Posted on the 12th July; Received on the 14th August 2023

_________________________________________________________________________________

Postal rules can be complex. I remember my wife telling me they had made her write her name as sender on the front of the envelope in Azerbaijan, even though I had my full address on its back, as I always do.

Now the Phantom tells me in Kyrgyzstan, our beloved C6 envelopes would not be accepted... still that did not refrained Alex from finding a way of circumventing this strange disposition...

So tanks a lot, Alex, for your C5 envelope with a C6 inside. You are a resourceful and tenacious cover collector, indeed. 


Again I can't express how deeply grateful I am to Alex for always sending me interesting overs from interesting places. I am pretty sure my friend Mr. Postman must be very intrigued by the unusual letter traffic he drops into my letterbox.

The stamp Alex used is the 2017 RCC (Regional Commonwealth for Communications)  issue of Kyrgyzstan, with a face value of 76 som, it is illustrated with two examples of handcrafted "Chynykap", a sort of case for cups.

Kyrgyzstan has two designated postal operators - "Kyrgyz Pochtasy" SE and "Kyrgyz Express Post" LLC. both issuing stamp sets. I believe this particular stamp and envelope are Kyrgyz Pochtasy SE isues.


No comments:

Post a Comment