To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Tuesday 3 October 2023

POSTCARD N.110 - CHINA

Postcrossing postcard sent on the 1st August, received on the 17th August 2023

Postcard image: Suzhou 
__________________________________________________________________________________

I have a terrible handwriting. so much so that sometimes not even I can understand it....and this must be the ultimate ´paradox...

So, I am not really used to see many handwritings more difficult to decipher than my own... and yet...

I got this lovely card from Mengyu, and I really liked it... BUT, I could not understand a word of it, so strange was his handwriting. Not that I am criticizing, the same must happen so some of my readers, it's just that it is a rather unusual fact.

I also don't have a clue as to what the beautiful image on the postcard depicts... I did some investigation via google, but could not come up with any image resembling the scene :-(. 



The  fish stamp depicts an Indian Ocean Chevron Butterflyfish (Chaetodon chrysurus)  and is part of a souvenir sheet comprising eight  200 Chinese renminbi fēn stamps plus a vignette, themed on  Seafloor World-Coral Reef Ornamental Fish and issued on 22DEC1998. 

The Microraptor, unfolding its four wings on the second stamp, was issued on  19MAY2017 as part of a 6 stamp souvenir sheet dedicated to Chinese Dinosaurs. The issue also comprised another souvenir sheet this time featuring only one stamp, the gigantic Mamenchisaurus... quoting directly from Wikipedia: "Most species were medium to large size sauropods, around 15 to 26 meters (49 to 85 ft) in length and possibly up to 35 meters (115 ft) based on two undescribed vertebrae".


No comments:

Post a Comment