To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Sunday 25 February 2024

COVER N. 411 -  SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS

Postmark: Post Office Charlestown, Nevis, W.I. 26.12.2023

Posted on the 26th December 2023; Received on the 21st February 2024

_________________________________________________________________________________

My second cover from Nevis, and this one made the long journey to my letterbox in much better shape than the previous one

Pity I cannot compare the travel times of both covers, since the postmark on the first one was illegible in what concerns the date, but I do think that this one was faster than the previous, even if it took a solid two months to get here.

Anyway, my heartfelt thanks to The Phantom for again allowing me to add such an interesting item to my collection. Danke Sehr, Alex!



Dinosaurs... plenty of them: six individual stamps, plus two minisheets containing six same value stamps each and two single stamp souvenir sheets. that was the (out)size of the "Pre-historic animals" Nevis issue that saw the light of day on 22FEB1999, on the occasion of the World Stamp Expo, which took place in Melbourne, Australia in March of the same year.

Alex used two of the six 1.20 Eastern Caribbean Dollars stamps from one of the minisheets on this cover, depicting an Hadrosaurus foulkii (left) and a Tuojiangosaurus multispinus (right).

the Postmark indicates that the letter was mailed from the city of Charlestown, Nevis most important urban area.


No comments:

Post a Comment