To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Tuesday 12 March 2024

COVER N. 419 - BULGARIA

Postmark: Sofia 1408 26.02.2024 

Posted on the 26th February; Received on the 5th March 2024

_________________________________________________________________________________

The Phantom, that restless wanderer, was on a mission again in the Balkans, and I got word from him from the Capital of Bulgaria. Danke Sehr, Alex!


Alex is a persuasive guy, no doubt about it, (after all, who would say no to The Phantom????). I don't know how, but he always manages to convince the post offfice employees to have his stamps properly postmarked, in whatever corner of the world he goes to.

I have written here about my experience in Sofia, which was  far from easy given that I had some communication difficulties with the lady at the post office, since I did not speak a word of  Bulgarian. In the end, when I asked for a manual postmark, she just looked at me and replied "tomorrow" and I left a bit anxious, but whern I received the cover some days later, back at home, it was properly postmarked on the stamp, although not on the envelope as I had also requested.

Now Alex, this time, got  both the satmp and the envelope postmarked, but the postmark is upside dow, so I consider it a draw between my and his efforts😀.

Alex used a curious one 2 Lev stamp plus vignette souvenir sheet issued on 23AUG2021 in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Bulgarian Folklore Federation. I tried to find some information regarding this organisation but sadly to no avail.

The postmark was applied in Sofia, the Capital, but not in the same Post Office I visited, given the different code.




No comments:

Post a Comment