To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Saturday 4 May 2024

POSTCARD N.138 - CANADA

Postcard sent on the 24th April, received on the 2nd May 2024

Postcard image: Toronto's Chinatown and  Kensignton Market.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Ravindra is on the move and wherever he's gone he's taken his kindness with him... that's why when I went to check my letterbox after the usual alarm sign of Mr. Postman's motorbike idling by my door and the metallic "clonck" of the letterbox flap cover, I found a batch of Canadian goodies inside. Thanks a lot; Merci beaucoup (in true Canadian fashion); Bohomȧ  sthoothi, Ravindra!


Now getting these was almost like an appetiser, for I'm planning to visit Canada later this year too and Toronto will probably feature on the menu, which I still have to organise... Canada has been in my "to go" list for quite a number of years, so let's see if this year i can finally tick it off from it. 

The problem with countries like Canada is that they are so huge and have so many things to see that you'd need at least as many lives as a cat's to just scratch the surface, but as I'm sure I will never eat all the cake, I'd better satisfy myself with whatever slice of it I am given... besides, my own country is decidedly small by Canada standards and there are still so many corners I haven't thoroughly checked...



To post this nice postcard, Ravindra used a stamp from the 2023 Canadian Post Christmas issue, which comprised three (P; 1.3 and 2.71 Dollars) all illustrated with quite charming naive paintings of Winter Holiday Scenes, which began to circulate on 02NOV2023.  Knowing Ravindra's affection for Lighthouses, I am not awed to see that the stamp on my postcard features one as the main point of interest in the image 😀

The postmark  originates from Brampton, a municipality in Toronto's greater area, in the Ontario Province.


No comments:

Post a Comment