COVER N. 754 - BURUNDI
Postmark: RNP Burundi 10.(?).2026
Posted on the 10th ?; Received on the 24th July 2026
________________________________________________________________________________
Totally unexpected cover from Burundi. My second ever, and on one of those air mail envelopes I so much like.
Un grand Merci Charlotte pour la lettre et les timbres.
Imperforate stamps are not that common, and not that practical, either, I'd add. Still, every once in a while some show up, like the two in this cover, which were cut from a souvenir sheet containing only these two 500 Burundian francs, illustrated with sepia toned photographs of two examples of local traditional houses, issued on 02JAN2010.
Since all the images of the souvenir sheet in question that I could find over the internet show the stamps to be perforated, I wonder if there were perf and imperf versions issued or if the one on the cover is some sort of accident. Anyone?
The 250 franc stamp showing a nice painting of an hipopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius) is part of an issued dated of 02APR2026, dedicated to this particular artiodactyl, put out by Stamperija, comprising 5 stamps (150; 250; 1000; 1500; 2000 francs) plus a single stamp souvenir sheet (10000 francs).
Somehow it is nice to see a Stamperija stamp actually cancelled by an official postmark.
The bi-colour postmark (blue and red, which goes great with the envelope itself :-)) bears no indication as to the place of dispatch, just the mention RNP an acronym for Régie Nationale des Postes, the Burudi Postal Operator.

No comments:
Post a Comment