To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Wednesday, 22 July 2026

COVER N. 750 - JORDAN

Postmark: ?

Posted on the 11 March;  Received on the 12th July 2026

________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a while since I last added a new country to my origins list. Well, this time, the Postman did not ring twice, as some say he always does, but thrice, withe three covers from a country in the troubled Middle East that had not yet made the rounds into my letterbox: Jordan.

So, Shukran jazeelan, Talal. It is a pleasure to add Jordan to my collection and I hope that peace may soon prevail.



Talal used a full set of stamps on his cover. The stamps, with face values of 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 piastre, are illustrated with several citrus varieties and were issued on 23OCT2013, although they carry the legend 2012 on the top left corner.

Some of the varieties depicted are complete strangers to me, but I think I can identify the oranges (40 pt), lemons (30 pt) and mandarins (20 pt).

The postmark is illegible with exception of the date.


2 comments:

  1. I can identify also kumquats (10c). The other one (50c) I think is pomelo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you're absolutely right. Not so common around here, at least I don't think I've ever seen pomelo in Portugal, although my next door neighbour has a kumquat shrub in a large vase...

    ReplyDelete