COVER N. 774 - GREECE
Postmark: Kolymvarion 21.06.2026
Posted on 21st July; Received on the 30th September 2026
_________________________________________________________________________________
I very seldom get mail from Greece, so this was more than welcome, Still the kind letter, full of much appreciated stamps inside, is shrouded in mystery, for it has no sender. Judging from the sticker on the front of the envelope, and the use of a quite formal "M." before my name in the address, it must have come from France, so, un grand merci pour l'ami qui m'a envoyé ce pli. J'étais ravi de le recevoir.
I believe that the large sticker in the envelope with the legend Jardins de France was part of the 2007 issue of that series, which was dedicated to the Parc de la Tête d'Or, at Lyon. I was able to identify it because of the image of the gilded gate, which I could match to one I found on the Internet thanks to Google.
The two "Postcards Worldwide" Greek stamps are part of one of this year's three "Travelling in Greece" issues, dated of 27MAY2026, each one comprising four self-adhesive stamps, meant to be used for postcard sending in worldwide service.
They are part of the set dedicated to teh Cretan city of Chania and the top one is illustrated with a photograph of Elafonissi beach, while the bottom one carries a photo of Samaria Gorge.
The postmark hails from Kolymvari,a coastal town at the southeastern end of the Rodopou peninsula on the Gulf of Chania, also in the Island of Crete.

No comments:
Post a Comment