To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Monday 19 July 2021

COVER N.24 - Slovenia

Postmark: Bled - 09JUN2021
Posted on the  9th june; received on the 13th July.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Again, a new country for my collection - Slovenia - thanks you so much Janez, for a cover full of beautiful stamps. carrying postcard n.12 inside.

Memories,as we all know, can easily be triggered by artifacts. that's what happened to me when I inspected the postmark on this very nice cover. Bled, it read, and I was immediately taken back to the gorgeous afternoon my wife and I spent walking around and bathing in lake Bled, after enjoying the pleasure of a glass of cold white wine in the castle that overlooks it. 

Hopefully we will all be able to get back to regular programation soon (I already have my 2 jabs) so that we can all go and get to know the world further away from your doorstep....


Stamps, left to right:

The beautiful  0,05€ and 0,10€ stamps are 2018 reprints (01JUN2017 and 28JUN2019, respectively) of similar stamps (but with differing perforation) issued in 2015.

The 5 cent stamp shows a Black stork, an elusive and generally endangered species, which can also be found in my own country and that I once had the pleasure of photographing from a river boat on the Tagus.


The 10 cent stamp shows another bird that can be seen in Portugal, a wader this time, the Kentish Plover (Charadrius alexandrinus).

Focus on environmental awareness is also the leit motiv for the 2 vertical stamps, part of a 5 (5, 10,20,35,50 cents) autoa-dhesive stamp definitive set, issued on 09NOV2018.

The little souvenir sheet with a 0,82€ stamp was issued on 25SEP2020 to commemorate the International Year of Plant Health, the adopted logo also being present on the sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment