To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Wednesday 10 November 2021

POSTCARD N.45 -  USA

Postcrossing postcard sent on the 22nd October; received on the  7th November
Postcard image: Twin falls, Maui, Hawaii
_______________________________________________________________________________

I love waterfalls. Yes, I admit being prey to the commonplace. I mean, who doesn't, right? So I was really  thrilled when Mr. Postman dropped a very nice waterfall postcard in my letterbox, the more so since it came from one of those places on earth (I should have said, on sea...) that really tickle everyone's fancy: Hawaii. Thank you so much for the nice card, Sandra!

Having lived in the Azores when I was a kid, I miss the beauty of islands, the constant brouahaha of the waves, the salty air, the green swept hills, the sound of thunder in winter...yes, I could say that I have it all here since I'm just about 10 km from the sea, but no, it is not the same thing, at all...

anyway, the falls are a very popular attraction on Maui Island, and they can be visited and enjoyed for a swim in the pond after a short 1.8 mile hike on a wet and muddy trail that connects to a regular main road.


Stamps, left to right

Forever stamp with a face value of 0,55 USD on the day of issue, part of a se-tenant self-adhesive block of 4 stamps issued on 11OCT2019 with "spooky silhouettes" celebrating Halloween

Single issue first class auto-adhesive stamp, issued on 11SEP2011, with a facial value of 0.44 +0.11USD, themed on "Save vanishing species". It depicts the Siberian Tiger (Panthera tigris altaica). Classified as Endangered by the IUCN, the Siberian tiger is one of the six tiger populations still existent. its habitat is now restricted to Southeast Siberia.




No comments:

Post a Comment