To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Wednesday 10 November 2021

POSTCARD N.44 -  Canada

Postcrossing postcard sent on the 22nd October; received on the 4th November
Postcard image: The Northern lights
_______________________________________________________________________________

The only lights I ever see when I go out at night are those of street lamps and those of the shiniest  celestial bodies. Northern lights here would never be, so it is always a pleasure to look at a picture of such a wondrous phenomenom such as the one in the beautiful postcard Meghan sent me from Canada. Thank you so much Meghan.

I confess I'm totally ignorant about Canadian Geography, after all is is such a big country. also the postmark on the card is totally unreadable, so I can't even grasp where the card was mailed from, other than it came form somewhere up North, in the Manitoba region, according to the Postcrosser profile.

The self-adhesive 2,71 Canadian Dollar stamp used on the card was issued on 13JAN2020 as part of Group III of the Far and wide series and it depicts the Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, a circular road that takes you through some terrific landscape scenery, on what I presume would be a perfect trip to enjoy  the beauty of autumn colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment