To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Monday 8 November 2021

POSTCARD N.42 -  Finland

Postcrossing postcard sent on the 25th October; received on the 4th November
Postcard image: images of the Finnish countryside
________________________________________________________________________________

Finland, the land of a thousand lakes  and also green pastures, judging from the photos on the card Kerttu kindly sent me through Postcrossing. Thank you Kerttu.

Finland is on my list of countries to visit someday in the future. in good truth, the whole world is on my list of countries to visit, this being a perfect example of "wishful thinking" because I have the clear notion that the proposition dwelves in impossibility. Still, receiving mail from countries I have never been to does provide some consolation againt the realisation of the sad truth.... 


To post my card, Kerttu used a 1st class (no facial value) self-adhesive stamp issued on 08MAY
2015 with a "Golden Swan". 

I searched on the internet and came across a children's story called "The Golden Swan" which I presume the stamp does try to illustrate


The postmark wasmachine applied on the wrong face of the postcard, that is the front of the card, over the pictures on it. Other than Tammerfors, I cannot read the information on the daystamp.




No comments:

Post a Comment