To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Thursday 20 January 2022

POSTCARD N.55 - UK

Postcrossing postcard sent on the 31st December; received on the 11th January
Postcard image: Shropshire Union Canal - near Natwich
____________________________________________________________________

Shropshire... the name rang a bell..yes, I have been to Shropshire County, but  I haven't seen the canal in the postcard which Nyssa kindly wrote me on the very last day of 2021. Thank you so much Nyssa!

I have been in the region not once, but twice, visiting and competing in Scale Modelworld - IPMS (International Plastic Modellers' Society) at Telford, which (and most of all, I should say) was also the occasion to meet good friends whom I've been exchanging electronic mail for quite a number of years.

Sadly, time always runs fast and I have never had the chance to visit the surroundings and I'm even ashamed to say that I have never found the time to go and take a look at the famous iron bridge....maybe next time...


Stamps

Once again I got a postcard without cancellation on the stamps... it's not the sender's fault, of course, but I can only think of pen cancellations as worse.... anyway:


I am not a Trekkie but I confess I saw quite a number of episodes of the original series on TV when I was a lad. Still I could not recollect the faces on the two stamps, issued on 13NOV2020 as part of a 12 Ist class stamp emission (2 se-tenant strips of 6) dedicated to the characters of the series. 

The characters on my stamps are Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew), the captain of USS Voyager, and Johnathan Archer (Scott Bakula) captain of  Enterprise NX-01,

No comments:

Post a Comment