To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Friday 29 December 2023

COVER N. 367 - GERMANY

Postmark: Deutsche Post Himmelsthür Kinderweinachtspost 31137 06.12.2023

Posted on the 6th December; received on the 11th December 2023

_________________________________________________________________________________


A truly Secret Santa....

First of all, let me say that I am sorry for being a little late and only now posting this wonderful cover that I got in the beginning of the month, but as I have said I just cannot keep up with the  mail delivery rhythm Mr. Postman has been showing lately

So I sincerely hope that Mr. Weihnachtsmann will not be mad at me and risk me from his list for next year present dropping....Entschuldigung Sie mir, bitte, llieber Weihnachtsmann.

Someone out there was truly generous and kind and talked to the old man in red with a beard, so that I could add this quite interesting cover to my collection...

Whoever it was, Thank you so much. I truly appreciated it and may all your life be as peaceful and joyful as we all wish Christmas would be.


Deutsche Post has direct connections  with the three main  Christmas Representatives, i.e, Father Christmas, Baby Jesus and Saint Nicolas, at seven different addresses, and it offers to facilitate the exchange of mail between children and any of these.

A very kind and generous friend put a little word for me with good Weihnachstmann and so I received this wonderful letter in recycled paper both for te contents and the envelope, which I believe was printed by the old man himself.

Not knowing who sent it, let me just wish my Secret Santa friend all the best for the Season and may Weihnachtsmann bring him joy and peace for the coming year.



Weihnachstmann used the Christmas 2023 stamp issue by Deutsche Post, issued on 02NOV2023, with a face value of 0,85 €, illustrated with two squirrels sharing an acorn.

To complete postage, he also used a 0,25 € stamp from the "flowers" definitive series initiated in 2005. The  stamp, illustrated with a  Mallow (Lavatera trimestris) , was initially issued on 02JUN2005.

The nice pictorial postmark featuring two children looking at an angel who watches from the 
Gates of Heaven (Himmelsthür), the name of the place from where the letter was posted by the kind old man.


a litttle Christmas tale

Weihnactsmann personal message



Weihnachstmann gift: 3 postcards






2 comments:

  1. I used the same address list I got from Eric for Timor Leste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. As so my Secret Santa is revealed.
    Thank you so much, Wilhelm. I really appreciated it. I'll have to find a way of reciprocating.
    All, the best and Thanks again!
    Pedro

    ReplyDelete