To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Saturday 30 December 2023

COVER N. 368 - FRANCE

Postmark: Santa Sleigh 33500 Libourne 2023

Posted on ? December; received on the 21st December 2023

_________________________________________________________________________________


Having probably heard from Weihnachstmann how good I had been over the year, Père Noël also wrote me from France, although he chose to do so in English, sending his beautiful letter from quite an inclusive address: 1, Naughty or Nice Street.... now that's a neighbourhood where I would not mind moving to, since I think I would rather fit in the description...



Santa used a rather nice snow man "International" tariff pre-printed stamp, obliterated with a Postmark from the town of Santa-Sleigh, which everybody knows is somewhere up in the North Pole, although below the 90 degrees North parallel, it is represented by its sister city Libourne in France, post code 33500, which also features in the postmark.

The envelope is also embellished with the pre-printed Santa's office logo and stampmark, something which, I'm sure, ensures high speed transit in all the mail processing centres it goes through.


Inside the C5 envelope, I found the letter which Santa took the trouble writing me and also his quite appreciated gift: a join the dots and paint postcard.



Thanks a lot Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment