COVER N. 760 - INDONESIA
Postmark Kantor Filateli Jakarta
Posted on 7th July; Received on the 18th August 2026
_________________________________________________________________________________
This has to mean something.... maybe I should buy a lottery ticket...
Typewriters are now the sort of device that fills the exhibition shelves of museums alongside other once ubiquitous artefacts like audio cassettes or desk telephones.
And yet, in the space of 4 days I received two letters addressed with a mechanical typewriter, from places so distant one from the other as Spain and Indonesia.
Terima kasih banyak Virna, I really liked to see the care you put in composing the envelope and I am also glad to see that there are some typewriters that refuse to go mute...
As far as I could investigate, the Four Nations Stamp Show is a philatelic event that takes place every 4 years in one of the participating countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
The first exhibition took place in Bandung, Indonesia, between 27 May and 1 June 2014 - and it marked the celebration of the 150th anniversary of first Indonesian stamp.
On the occasion of the Stamp show, Pos Indonesia issued, on 27May2014, a souvenir sheet with four 5000 Rupiah stamps illustrated with images of the Javan Leopard (Panthera pardus melas), a leopard species endemic to Java which is now categorised by IUCN and an endangered species. The stamps also included the World Wildlife Fund logo.
Printed alongside the stamps the sheet included the event logo and the legend "Four Nations Stamp Show Bandung 2014 - 27 may - 1 June 2014".
Virna used an imperforated version of the souvenir sheet, without the show logo, which I suppose must have been issued on the same date.
Postmark from the Philatelic Bureau of Jakarta, Indonesia's Capital.

No comments:
Post a Comment