To open my mailbox like someone opening a surprise box and to feel the pleasure of discovery unleashed by an envelope decorated with stamps.
To be part of the world and also to discover it this way, with the help of those who share this vision.

Tuesday, 25 August 2026

POSTCARD N.245 - SOUTH KOREA

Postcrossing postcard dated of 24 July; received on the 18th August 2026

Postcard image: Sea of Mukho

_________________________________________________________________________________

A minimalist photo of a rather solitary off shore lighthouse in a calm sea, in Mukho, Donghae, South Korea. 감사합니다 ,Yerin!



I don't know why - maybe it's just the shape of the lighthouse - but I feel there is almost a Sci-Fi look in this simple yet effective shot, that I find quite attractive.




Yerin tells me that the stamp features a character from Princess Catch! Teenieping, a very popular 
South Korean animated children's television series. I tried to identify the character in the stamp, but there are so many of them (and to my untrained eye, some look so similar to one another) that I simply gave up...

The postmark hails from Nowon, one of the 25 districts of Seoul, South Korea's Capital.


No comments:

Post a Comment